1) You just got paid.
2) You’re getting paid tomorrow and you’re worried it won’t be there when you come back.
3) Your friend talked you into it.
4) Your friend tried to talk you out of it but you think she/he secretly just wants it for themselves.
5) It was on sale.
6) It might go on sale and then it will sell out.
7) It accidentally jumped into your hand at the store and now you can’t put it down.
8) It accidentally jumped into your online shopping cart and you accidentally clicked on ‘check out’, and you don’t want the web people at the other end to judge you for being indecisive.
9) You need it for a project.
10) You might need it for a project.
11) You don’t need it for a project, and wouldn’t it be good to have at least SOME materials that aren’t already earmarked?
12) You’re on holiday. Holiday purchases don’t count.
13) You’re going on holiday and you want to make sure you take enough crafting with you.
14) You’re on a day trip in a new town.
15) The craft store *just* opened.
16) The craft store is independent and you want to make sure to support it.
17) It’s just so soft/so beautiful.
18) You’re trying a new craft and you need supplies.
19) You’re getting your mojo back on a craft you already do, and some new materials would TOTALLY motivate you.
20) You just want to buy yourself something pretty, OK?
21) If you stuff it in a pillow, there’s totes room for it in your house.
22) You were worried your existing stash was getting lonely with nothing new for it to play with.
23) You didn’t buy it, you swear the stash is multiplying when you’re not looking.
*I have used at least half of these.